Since its beginning the Indian Education Program at Centennial has focused on the education needs of American Indian students.
- To assist Native American students in attaining academic success.
- To provide Native American students with information about Indian culture and heritage taught by Native American staff.
- To promote cultural diversity by building bridges between community, staff, parents, and students.
Program services are available to all American Indian students who are:
- An enrolled member of a tribe, band or other organized group, including Alaskan and Hawaiian natives.
- A child of a parent or grandparent who is an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe or group of Indians.
- Enrolled upon approval of the Title VII Student Eligibility Certification.
The Parent Committee is a collaborative effort of parents, guardians, students, and administrators to assist the school district in providing effective school programs and services for American Indian students.The committee meets monthly throughout the school year. Please call for more information.
Program coordinator: Tricia Garvie.Carlson, 763-792-5199
LEA Representative: Dr. Bonnie Thoms,
Director, Alternative Learning, 651.330.0000