Through engagement of students, families, staff, and community representatives, a mission and vision of the Centennial School District has been created through the strategic planning process. The plan also includes the goals of providing an educational experience for students, families, and staff as well as the district’s strategic directions.
District Strategic Roadmap for Centennial Schools:
Connecting. Achieving. Preparing.
District Mission: Our Core Purpose
By providing high quality educational opportunities, emotional support, and social development, Centennial School District prepares learners for excellence in their future.
Core Values: Drivers of Our Words and Actions
- Connecting: Engaging students in meaningful ways with their school community.
- Achieving: Student success through academic excellence in learning and teaching while supporting students in their growth and achievement.
- Preparing: Provide opportunities for academic excellence to prepare students for their future.
Vision: What We Intend to Create
Centennial School District is a welcoming environment where all students, staff, and families belong and will:
- Provide innovative, personalized, rigorous, and relevant educational opportunities for each student.
- Build and strengthen relationships and partnerships with the community to offer educational programs and opportunities for all.
Strategic Directions: Focus of Our Improvement Efforts
- Improving teaching and learning practices for student success and achievement.
- Increasing engagement, belonging, and strengthening the staff and student experience.
- Supporting staff in continuous improvement of professional practice.
- Increasing family engagement in student learning and school experiences.
- Improving efficiency and effectiveness in district operations.
Desired Daily Experiences
Desired Daily Experiences: Student
- I enjoy flexible learning and activity choices that meet my academic, emotional, and social needs.
- I have access to technology to support my educational needs.
- I am comfortable during passing time, lunch, and other times throughout the day.
- I enter a welcoming environment where I feel safe, accepted, and belong at school.
- My race and preferences are respected, acknowledged, and accepted.
- I have positive interactions and relationships with students and staff.
Desired Daily Experiences: Families
- I receive consistent communication from my student's teacher, school, and district to support my student's education.
- My student has the appropriate materials, resources, and technology.
- My student's school is welcoming, safe, and inclusive.
- I have opportunities to be involved in my student's school community.
- Staff provide attention and support to meet my student's needs.
- My student's school provides a relevant and rigorous educational experience.
Desired Daily Experiences: Staff
- I receive cohesive and timely communication.
- I have a voice and my input matters.
- I receive the support necessary to be successful.
- I am a trusted, respected, and valued professional.
- I have the resources that allow me to meet all my students' needs.
- I am connected and feel like I belong to the Centennial community.
- I have a manageable workload and appropriate class sizes.
- My mental health needs are recognized and addressed.