Process/Timeline for Appointment to the Centennial ISD 12 School Board Position
This timeline and process are a result of the resignation of a School Board Member whose term of office began on January 1, 2021. An appointment for replacement will be made by the current School Board from installation through December 31, 2022. This seat will then be filled during the election process beginning in January 2023 for a two-year term completed in December 2025. Election for this two-year position will be deemed a special election that will take place simultaneously as the general election on November 8, 2022.
Timeline for Appointment Process:
- November 1, 2021, Special Board Meeting at 7:00pm– Adoption of a resolution to approve the resignation of a board member from the Centennial ISD 12 School Board and approve the process/timeline for appointment of a board member to fill the vacant seat.
- November 2, 2021 – Application packets available at the Centennial District Office, 4707 North Road, Circle Pines, Minnesota 55014 between the hours of 7:30am and 3:30pm from Jody Josephson, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent.
- November 12, 2021, 3:30pm– Deadline to return completed applications in a sealed envelope to Jody Josephson, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent.
- November 15, 2021, Regular School Board Meeting, 6:30pm – Board will review applications and select candidates to be interviewed.
- November 22, 2021, Special Board Meeting 6:00 p.m. – Interviews in the District Office Board Room with members of the school board. Adoption of the resolution filling school board vacancy by appointment.
- December 22, 2021 - Newly appointed Board Member is seated.
All candidates will be asked the same set of questions during the interview process.