Guidelines establishing walk zones are approved by the Centennial School Board. The guidelines adjust K–12 walk/busing distances using established hazard criteria.
Busing is available for high school students living more than 1.5 miles from the high school and elementary and middle schoolers living one mile or more from their school. Kindergarten students living more than 1/2 mile from their school are bussed.
If busing, students are to arrive at stops approximately five minutes prior to scheduled stop time. Bussed students may walk up to 1/2 mile to a stop, if the bus stop is more than 1/2 mile from your home, please call transportation at 612-789-5143.
If walking, discuss with your child(ren) the safest route to school, taking into account traffic patterns, street crossings, sidewalks, etc. Consider walking with them the first few days of school.
Transportation postcards with your student’s busing information are mailed to home addresses. Bus routes are no longer posted online due to issues with privacy and security. Haven't received your information in the mail? Call Transportation at 612-789-5143.
Students are to arrive at bus stops approximately five minutes prior to scheduled stop time. Bused students may walk up to 1/2 mile to a bus stop, if the bus stop is more than 1/2 mile from your home, please call the transportation office at 612-789-5143.
- The bus goes right by our house. Why can't it stop?
- My children are walkers. The bus goes right by them and has space available. Why can't they be picked up?
- I pay taxes like everyone else. Why can't my kids ride the bus?
- The bus stop is too far from our house. Can it be moved closer?
- How do I request a bus stop change?
- Can extra stops be made on cold days?
- Do kindergarten students receive special busing treatment?
- Can I receive delay notices regarding my child's bus by text?
Director of Transportation Operations
Special Education Transportation Router