Medtronic Project SEARCH will be hosting an information night on Wednesday, January 19 from 4:30-6:00 PM. The meeting will take place at Medtronic MECC located at 6800 Shingle Creek Parkway in Brooklyn Center. Please arrive by 4:15 so you can go through the COVID screening and get your badge. You will need a photo ID along with proof of COVID vaccination or negative results from a COVID test within 72 hours to enter. Space is limited, so sign up early. Registration is restricted to the student and ONE parent/guardian.
Please contact the instructor, Karen Aalund, at email@example.com for more information or to register. She will need the names of the 2 attendees, the home school district, a phone number and the best email to use for communication.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- Students with Developmental Cognitive Disabilities or on the Autism Spectrum, ages 18 – 21 in last year of transition programming
- Demonstrates work place communication skills appropriate for a business environment
- Ability to take directions and change behaviors
- Applied/eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation Services and County Developmental Disabilities Services
- One academic year; up to ten students
- Experience three different 10-week unpaid internships
- Gain employability and specific transferable work skills
- Customized job search assistance for each intern upon completion
- Open to all MN School District and Charter School students