Centennial's Flexible Learning Day Plan for School Closings 2022-2023
Why Flexible Learning Days?
Flexible Learning Days are intended to counter the loss of curriculum momentum resulting from school cancellations due to Minnesota’s winter weather. Flexible Learning Days cannot replace students' face-to-face time with their teachers, but it can provide better continuity when school is interrupted. Flexible Learning Days also negate the need for makeup school days, helping families more effectively plan activities.
The Flexible Learning Day Announcements will be made on Twin Cities television stations and the school district web page, www.isd12.org, as early as possible that school is closed. Parents/Guardians will receive an automated phone call and/or text via the School Messenger service based on information provided by each family indicating the school will be closed. Students should not report to school but should engage in flexible learning activities as assigned.
Centennial ISD 12 teachers, administrators, and other licensed professionals will be available by email or Schoology or Seesaw, during regular school hours, depending on the grade level. The staff directory on the district website includes staff email addresses.
Contact your student’s principal.
What does the day look like for my student?
Check your Seesaw account for information for the day.
GRADES K - 5
- Students will have the matrix placed in their backpack and can also access the matrix through the link below.
- Teachers will be available via email and See Saw or Schoology (depending on grade level) to support students and will be able to schedule Google Meet with students based on students’ requests during school hours.
GRADES 6 - 12
Students in grades 6-12 will have asynchronous learning on Flexible Learning days:
- The assignments and/or activities will be posted in Schoology for students by 8:00 am on the Flexible Learning day.
- Teachers will be available via email and Schoology to support students and will be able to schedule Google Meet with students based on students’ requests during school hours.
- The due dates for Flexible Learning day assignments will also be flexible.